Friday, November 18, 2011

Friday November 18, 2011

WOW, Its hard to belive I've missed two days blogging!  Somehow time escapes me!

I am SO very thankful for Motherhood.... my life is so full of love!  always a hug and always a kiss... I have some very special children and I thank God for them!

I am so thankful for modern technology/medicine.  For without it, I wouldnt be a mother today!  Thank you God!

Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs in my field, since the payment is pure love.  ~Mildred B. Vermont


Today is Friday and the start of our Thanksgiving vacation... which means its that much closer to Christmas!   I just LOVE this time of year.  I am putting together a cookie exchange for the Girl Scout Troop I help to run, so I will be doing cards/invitations and will post them when they are complete!  

tonight is an adult night of cards... even though the kids will be with us (they've been threatened they must behave!! :)


GIFT IDEA: I have a GREAT craft idea Im going to make a cake stand from an old china plate and the bottom of an urn.  I will post pics when its complete but it will be so cute!  you can also make cupcake plate, from a candle stick and a saucer... so adorable! 

FAMILY FUN ACTIVITY: we have next to no money this Christmas so I am trying to come up with some fun inexpensive to free activities to do with the kiddos.  I took from another site, the idea of an advent chain.  I came up with 24 Christmasy things to do... go pick out our Christmas tree.... decorate our Christmas tree... make gifts for teachers... bake cookies.... watch a holiday movie... (you get the idea) and I printed these 24 activites on red paper.  then on the day after Thanksgiving, when we start to decorate our home for Christmas, we can do this craft together... putting together the chain.  The kids will love it, you could alternate the colors based on the number of kids, so that they can each take a loop off... great idea, I will now do mine red an white, so they can each remove a loop. 





No comments:

Post a Comment