Monday, November 14, 2011

November 14, 2011

Its already the middle of November, where is the time going?  Today I am thankful for my husband, for the love he gives and for how hard he works to provide for us.

A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.
~Winnie the Pooh


We are now at the start of the Holiday season. This is always my very favorite time of the year. I love the giving that everyone is doing. This year is a very hard one for me because I LOVE LOVE LOVE to give. I try to provide very thoughtful gifts and always on a budget. However this year both my husband and myself are out of work.  Therefore the giving is very minimal if it will exist at all.  So Im trying to come up with some very simple and yet meaningful gifts I can give and things I can do that will be memoriable for all and yet cost nearly nothing.

I always have the kids make a list of things they would like to get the special people in their lives. This year we will be making the majority of our gifts, so they are on a mission to come up with ideas of things we can make. I've already begun on their gifts and I am super excited to share them when they are finished.  I am also coming up with memoriable things that we can do that leads up to Christmas.  This year we are focusing on Service and bringing Christ into our home. 

I was visiting Mandis' ideas over at www.life.yourway.net and she has some great ideas for Christmas.  I am surely going to use the advent chain. This is wonderful!! You can cusomize it (along with your calander so it doesnt intrude on busy nights, like our Tuesdays are Girl/Boy Scouts!) I will be having the kids make this with me on Thanksgiving eve! 

I LOVE photography and am looking forward to taking our family Christmas pictures.  I'd love to help anyone out who is in our area, just drop me a note!

Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better.  It's not.  ~Dr. Seuss

No comments:

Post a Comment